Saturday, August 11, 2012

Final Session--Bill Hybels


Final Session--Bill Hybels

Everyone wins when a leader gets better.

Matthew 16:18  Jesus said "I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it."

Famous quote of Bill Hybels--"the local church is the hope of the world."

VIEWS OF CHURCH

1.  Hopeless


2.  Hopeful

It is one thing to see a vision, it is another thing to be seized by a vision.

Vision propels people forward who would be satisfied by the status quo.

3.  Local church is the hope of the world

If every church reaches their full potential, then the thick dark cloud that covers the earth will disappear.

4.  Will the local church, the hope of the world be able to sustain itself until the end of time?

What gives hope, is WHO it is that created it, is sustaining it, until the end of time.

This is the only thing that Jesus is doing until the end of time!  Full time, focused 24/7.

If you have felt that tap from the Spirit of God, How do you say "no" to that?

Don't be the guy who says when God taps them on the shoulder who says, "No, I'm building my thing."

Call people unapologetically to join me as I am building my church.

No comments: