Sunday, September 9, 2012

Would you follow you?

Recently, I read this question, and it got me thinking.  Here is the question:

"Would you follow you?"

Sometimes, I don't think I look very attractive to follow.  If people had any idea the struggles that I have, would they really want to follow me?

But maybe that struggle is part of my realization of my humanness and weakness, and part of what actually gives me the credibility to lead.

Because I struggle does not necessarily disqualify me from leading--it makes me human.  My struggle can:

  • give other people hope  
  • make sure God gets the credit
  • keep me humble
  • give me compassion for others who are struggling
Sure, there are some sins (actions) that could discredit me from leading--because I would cause others to stumble.  But the fact that I struggle does not.   And because I do commit sins does not necessarily.

No comments: